The building of the Royal Academy of History of Madrid was built by the great Spanish architect Juan de Villanueva. It was ordered by the Community of monks of the order of St. Jerome in 1789 with the intent of having one site in Madrid for the Nuevo Rezado (for selling and distributing religious works of literature). The main idea was adapting it to the new program of needs for this purpose. After different experiences, the building was reconverted to the site of the Royal Academy of History in June 1837, annexing it to the Palace of Molíns. The restoration of the building was focused on its covers and external facings, apart from the renovation on its floorings and indoor facilities, and the maintenance of the technical materials and original bonds. As a result of these works and researches, the author published in 2010 in the Journal of the Royal Academy the document “The Nuevo Rezado, Site of the Royal Academy of History. Contributions about its origin, history and current situation”.